Surgeon(s)/Speaker(s): Dr. Ramesh Makam
Surgical Procedure: Bariatric-RYGBP (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass)
Location: Vikram Hospital Bangalore
1. Division of Omentum : Division of Omentum
2. Measuring of Jejunum : Measuring of Jejunum 75 cm from DJ, division with marking of alimentary limb with clip.
3. Measuring alimentary limb : Measuring alimentary limb to 100cm and fashioning a triple stapled jejuno jejunostomy.
4. Closure of Jejunal mesentary : Closure of Jejunal mesentary.
5. Creating 20-25cc gastric pouch : Creating 20-25cc gastric pouch.
6. Introducing orvil orally : Introducing orvil orally.
7. Enterotomy at end of alimentary limb : Enterotomy at end of alimentary limb.
8. Widening right side port to introduce orvil stapler : Widening right side port to introduce orvil stapler.
9. Circular Gastrojejunostomy completed by coupling stapler gun with anvil : Circular Gastrojejunostomy completed by coupling stapler gun with anvil.
10. Closure of jejunal enterotomy : Closure of jejunal enterotomy.
11. Tension releasing sutures : Tension releasing sutures at 3 and 9 o' clock GJ.
12. Methylene blue dye test : Methylene blue dye test.
13. Closure of Peterson defect : Closure of Peterson defect.
14. Drain : Drain
1. Port Position RYGB : Port Position RYGB.